Counseling for Anxiety
Do you find yourself chronically feeling like you aren’t doing enough, aren’t being enough, or wondering when the next stroke of bad luck is coming your way? Do you find yourself struggling to find ease and confidence in social situations or constantly comparing yourself to others as a measurement of your own self-worth. What would you do or be if you didn’t carry this burden around with you?
My practice offers the most effective forms of treatment, to get the relief from anxiety that you deserve. My focus is on assessing the underlying causes for the anxiety, teaching relaxation techniques and other coping skills to more effectively respond to anxiety, and provide you with the support you need to feel validated and capable of designing a life with more ease.
When it comes to treating anxiety disorders, research shows that therapy is usually the most effective option. That’s because anxiety therapy – as opposed to anxiety medication – treats more than just symptoms to the problem.
Often, these are the symptoms of anxiety:
- Nervousness, restlessness or being tense
- Feelings of danger, panic or dread
- Rapid breathing or hyperventilation
- Increased or heavy sweating
- Trembling or muscle twitching
- Weakness or lethargy
- Difficulty focusing or thinking clearly about anything other than the thing you’re worried about
- Obsessions about certain ideas, a sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Anxiety surrounding a particular life event or experience that has occurred in the past, a sign of post-traumatic stress disorder
Therapy can help to uncover the underlying causes of your worries and fears, learn how to relax, look at situations in a new, less frightening way, and develop better coping mechanisms and problem-solving skills.
If you are sick of the anxiety and worry causing problems in your life, I invite you to contact me today for a free consultation.